WWE SUPERSTAR CRITERIA
WWE is looking for individuals that possess a number of unique attributes that, either by themselves or combined, play a role in the success of a WWE Superstar.
- Athletic - Willing and able to engage in intense, physically demanding activities on a daily basis. WWE is a highly athletic style of performance that requires individuals be in excellent physical condition. All prospective Talent are required to pass a rigorous medical evaluation prior to joining WWE.
- Charismatic - Do you have “IT?” Do you stand out in a crowd? Do you have a special or magnetic charm or appeal?
- Determined - A strong conviction to succeed coupled with physical and mental strength. Gaining knowledge of WWE’s in-ring product requires the constant application of lessons taught both in and out of the ring. WWE is looking for individuals who are consistently willing to go the extra mile.
- Coachable - The ability to listen and learn. Successful superstars are good listeners, open minded and adaptable.
- Professional - Be held to a high standard of conduct at all times. As public figures, WWE Superstars are subject to the same scrutiny as other sports figures or celebrities and, as such, are expected to act accordingly both in and outside the ring. All prospective superstars are required to pass extensive background, nudity and criminal searches prior to joining WWE.
The application you submit will be your first impression with the WWE. Please fill out the application in a succinct, complete manner. The WWE is looking for quality, not quantity, with regards to the information you share on the application.
- Past training experience - Include trainer(s), length of training and State in which you trained.
- Professional wrestling experience - Company names, length of time in business and notable performers you worked with.
- Photos - WWE places heavy emphasis on ‘the look’ of a performer. Please include:
- 1 simple “head to toe” body shot (men - without a shirt, women - in gym clothing)
- 1 simple head shot
- If you wear a mask, please include shots of you both in and out of the mask.
- If you are part of a tag team, please ensure that you include pictures of yourself alone.
- Miscellaneous: Additional talents/abilities (include alternate languages spoken, athletic achievements, performance training, acting/singing ability)
WWE’s recruiting PROCESS
Numerous tryouts will be held throughout the year for applicants selected by WWE. If selected, the prospective Talent will be contacted by the WWE and all pertinent information relative to the upcoming tryout will be communicated at that time.
- Please do NOT contact WWE once you have submitted your application as doing so will NOT expedite the process.